“Hmmph. Third-rate pilot indeed,” Rachel 7 said and rolled her avatar’s eyes.
“I agree,” Trak said.
“How dare you—!” Rachel-7 said.
“I meant, I agree about shutting Alitma up,” Trak said.
"Oh," Rachel-7 said.
“Daniel, I am not opposed to dying," Trak said. "Of course, ideally, I want to keep functioning ... but I've had a long life. Whatever you decide, I will support your decision."
Rachel-7 sighed and resignedly said, "Me too."
That moment reinforced what Daniel already knew: Trak, and to a lesser extent Rachel-7, would stand by Daniel's side, no matter what.
Even if it made them look stupid.
Even if it killed them all.
Stuck On: Daniel's reasons
Despite what Alitma may have said, Daniel felt he had many reasons to not overload the cannon:
1. He wanted to see Jeska again.
2. He wanted to go on living.
3. He wanted to see Trak and Rachel-7 survive.
4. He really wanted to go on living.
5. He wanted to make amends for the accident.
6. He really, really wanted to go on living.